Sunday, July 8, 2007

A killer experience ......!! barcamppune3


Well hi again....the barcampune3 was held on the 7th of july at PSPL Pune and turned out to be a really responsive show. The crowd turned up in large numbers again, making the barcamp a very successful event in the making.

Im a great fan of the barcamp and this was the third time i was attending. But this one was a completely different experience altogether , since i took the opportunity to actually speak at the event. I had been attending all this while and so i decided to take a chance and speak this time around in front of the tech savy public that usually turns up at this event. It was quite a challenge for an undergrad student like me who is quite inexperienced at public speaking.

Speaking about technology wasn't a problem , but speaking in front of a large audience was like a thing never done before. Hehe , i was pretty much tensed about this whole issue but ultimately decided to take charge.

My seminar was lined up at the second spot , and i could feel the nerves ....i never gave a demo presentation to anybody , not even myself ....was quite a deal ...i said to myself that whatever i would do would be at run-time ... so was quite a challenge .

I was going to speak on this new technology "Silverlight" a Microsoft runtime which dealt with delivering rich media....so the concept was pretty cool and the audience was enthusiastic to know about it. The TV guide thingie by Codewalla got over and I lined myself up to take charge . Took a deep breath , installed my laptop, connected the projector , loaded my content and kicked off the presentation.

Started the work of art by introducing myself and took the audience for a quick little tour of "Microsoft Silverlight " . The slide show went really well , providing a comprehensive overview of the technology and "how to get started " with it .

I always knew the Q & Ans session would be the most challenging and as expected turned out to be an on slaught on me ...i was bombarded by different kinds of questions coming from all different people portraying their perspective towards the technology ...i tackled most of them with ease and the audience looked happy with the entire presentation.

They gave me a real good round of applause , something i dint achieve for a long time , so to say I felt very satisfied at the end of it :) It was a challenge for me to talk in front of experienced techies , corporates , students and all turned REAL SWEET !

People congratulated me , shared views , requested me to share the slides with them ...so was really cool .. All this jazz was immediately followed by a sumptous meal and dessert ..Ameya and Siddharth my colleagues accompanied me for the next rounds.

We met some really nice ppl , networked with them , exchanged views making this barcamp a memorable one.

All in all , one hell of an experience and looking forward to the next clubhacks and barcamps ;)

1 comment:

Harshal Shah said...

Aditya, yes in fact you had a wonderful presentation and its just all of us who makes such bar camps a hit:-)